Thursday, June 19, 2008

Still here!

Well after much prognostication about an early delivery, I had another OB appointment yesterday and she said, you're not going anywhere. Meaning, no baby today. I don't know if she was trying to soothe me because she's about to go on vacation (ACK!) or if she really meant it, but she said I'm 4cm; 50% and baby's head is still high-ish (-3, for those in the know).
WELL CRAP.
I had a little bit of a hyperventilation yesterday when she said that the uterus was measuring smaller than 2 weeks ago, and "I'm just gonna send you down for another ultrasound". WHAT? I know most people love the ultrasounds, and I do too when it's just a chance to spy on the little bun in the oven, like when Leticia is doing it. But when the doc. says, let's just go have a look, I'm NOT excited. I'm petrified. After being talked off the ledge by Leticia, we went in yesterday, I was fully prepared for them to say, baby's not growing, let's induce. But I had a weird sense of calm and I just knew that everything was fine.
Come to find out, that this baby looks like a super-chunk. At 37w3d, the ultrasound measures at over 7.5 pounds. I know that these can be off, but even just looking at the pictures, this child has CHUB! Chub on her legs and chub in her cheeks! Yikes. So I have no idea why I'm measuring smaller than dates (I feel like I've got a beach ball in front) maybe it's just how she was positioned, but according to the ultrasound tech, the baby looks "perfect". Ahh. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. That and, you'll be going into labor before your doctor leaves on Monday. Oh, and here you've just won the lottery. But one out of three is not too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home