Thursday, June 05, 2008

More excitement!

But not of the baby variety. I got out of half a day of work today because someone threatened another office in the building were I work. BONUS! And the best part is, of course it was just a threat and nothing happened.
Of course there was some concern when the officers told me I couldn't get in my car and leave like everyone else in our office. Why you ask? Because this was the first day in probably 10 months when I got to the office and there was actually a parking space directly in front of the building. I usually don't even try, but today for some reason I was feeling optimistic, and low and behold there it was, a plum spot if ever there was one. And in my delicate condition I was pumping my fists because I wouldn't have to walk the usual 3 blocks to my car. Oh silly me. Of course there had to be a catch. So while everyone else went home as giddy as if school had been let out early, I was sitting staring at the obligatorily mustachioed and portly Chicah-go Cahp telling me "sorry lady, you'll just have to wait until we get the all clear".
My boss and a co-worker offered to drive me home, but Chris went bananas when that option was thrown out there. "What if you go into labor tonight? We NEED our car!". At which point my boss told me she took the EL to the hospital to deliver her first child. Her spouse is a big fan of public transportation. Yeah. I don't think I'll be doing that.
Fortunately I only had to wait like an hour or so, then got to get in my car and drive off. No diving from flaming wreckage or slow motion "NOOOOOOOOOO"s as I try to save the car seat were necessary.
Ana was irritated when I got here because she was in the process of putting Domingo down for a nap and of course when he saw me his head almost spun right off. Trust me, I feel her pain, but at the same time, I'm still paying you lady, deal with it!!
Luckily, pretty soon after he went down for a nap and is still peacefully sleeping. Better go wake him or he'll never sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home