Friday, May 23, 2008

Another insane week!

I had so much to blog about I swear, but this crazy week has just zapped all energy, creative and otherwise and I don't even remember what happened a few minutes ago at dinner, let alone to update what's been going on since last time.
This past weekend we went to abuela's house since they are back from Paraguay, we went and watched tia Leticia in a race around the zoo which was fun, but Domi was sick with a cold, so he was a little bit crabby, then Chris and I got his cold so we were a lot a bit crabby the rest of the week.
Then last night I did the supremely stupid thing of staying up until 1:00 a.m. finishing the Other Boleyn Girl. Why do I put myself in these kinds of situations? It was a decent read, but not worth the price I paid today!
So of course today when I was barely hanging on to consciousness, and it was nap time FOR EVERYONE, Domingo absolutely refused to go to sleep. This is becoming kind of a pattern on my days home with him. He does not want to take a nap although his head is rolling on his shoulder, his eyes are red from rubbing and he is crabbypants magee. Let me tell you, it was not my finest hour (actually hour and a half). I finally gave up and we went to his room and read some more stories, and then after another 45 minutes tried again. This time with success although a few tears (not all of them mine). He slept for 3 hours and is still up now with Papa. I'm getting more and more convinced that it's because he is used to falling asleep in the stroller. Where he would be completely awake and screaming because he doesn't want to take a nap in his room, or in the bed, one second in the stroller or the car and he is out like a light. This is something that I do not endorse, and don't really approve of, but like so many things that happen when I'm not around, feel like I don't have that much control over. It's pretty frustrating. I also realize with impending doom that my days of co-napping with this baby are nearing a close unless by some miracle baby #2 decides to coordinate her naps at the same time. I can only hope!
Ok, enough baby-rants, here are some fun pictures from this past weekend. This coming weekend is sure to be a good one too, we have BBQs, picnics, and ribs to look forward to. Ah, summer.


pre-race!


scary giant kangaroo, with babies in the pouch.


the best shot we could get of all of us


only tia may can soothe the savage Domi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home