Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mas prima-love, and a special surprise

Today we had a very short visit from Tia Leticia, the primas, Tia May and Tio Ian. We had fun playing with tia may while those guys went to visit a friend's new baby. The the girls came by and they were all playing in Domi's room. We were expecting to hear crashes and wails but they never came. Excellent. I foresee lots of the twins babysitting in the future.
It was funny, Chris went in there and was reading a book, and Domi didn't really care, but I went in there and started reading a story and he instantly got jealous. Hmmm. You'll have to learn to share pretty soon little man.



The saddest part of the day was when they had to leave, because I don't think Domingo got it until a few minutes after they left, and started begging me to find "Fia-Ciela" then when I convinced him that they were gone, he'd ask for 'ticia and Tia May. With real tears. It was sad. We have to go and visit them, or they have to come up for a longer visit soon.
But Domingo was cheered up by his brand new friend Felipe.



I have to admit at first I was less than excited by the idea of getting a fish, despite the fact that Domingo is obsessed with the sea. Peces, tortugas, and especially pulpos are his favorite things in the world. (and lagartija- his best friend the little plastic lizard I got for 2.00 at the children's museum) But I thought a fish would just be a dirty annoying expensive thing that will die instantly. It turns out for one Andrew Jackson you can get the whole kit and caboodle. These little fish can live in these tiny bowls that you clean once a week, feed once every 3 or 4 days, don't have to walk him, mop up after him, pay for lazer eye surgery, and when he dies (supposedly in a few years- I'm skeptical) you just flush him down to Davy Jones's locker. I was sold.
So Chris and Domi went to the pet store not far from the hospital where I was dutifully waiting my one hour after drinking flat orange soda (I had our gestational diabetes test done today), and picked up little 'lipe. Chris kind of pushed the name on him, but Domi agreed pretty much instantly that his name was Felipe. It's also the name of Mafalda's best friend, so I think it's appropriate.



I have to admit, even if it only last a few days, the excitement in Domingo's face makes bringing Felipe home worth the hassle. That said there is no way we are getting the "weasel" he was so enamored of at the pet store.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris N. said...

In case anyone is wondering, the "weasel" was a ferret. And Domi loved it. A lot.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ferrets---eek!
Felipe----yea!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home