Monday, March 24, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Easter...

Actually, it's not. It looks much closer to Christmas around here. I must say I am so sick of this weather!! It snowed yesterday, real snow that didn't melt the instant it hit the ground. I'm moving to Florida. There is this ad campaign for visiting South Carolina that I totally HATE. It says "Time to Thaw" or something equally inane, and every time I walk out of or into the parking garage where this ad campaign seems to have its headquarters, I want to punch someone. Now I love South Carolina, probably more than the next person, but these ads were just designed to piss people off. I mean it's 20 degrees outside, and there is a flipping 10 foot sand castle in the basement parking garage, they are just asking for someone (me) to stomp all over it.
In other news, we had a fun but not exactly relaxing weekend this weekend. We were in Morris and had to stay over at Leticia's in case both she and Ian got called. And while the bed is perfectly comfortable, the breakfast choices are quite tasty, there is just something about that place that isn't exactly calming. What could it be, I can't quite put my finger on it...

Oh YEAH! It's Thing One and Thing Two! To borrow a phrase, they can throw a whirling dervish out of whirl. We had an awesome time, and Domingo especially was in heaven (except when one of them would take his toys, or wanted to play with one of their own toys, or when the subject of toys came up in general).
This weekend they are coming up here, so we'll see if it will be any more restful, I doubt it.
That said, I'm so glad we live close enough to see them all the time. Domingo is so enamored of them, this morning he was asking for more PRIMAS, and asking to go to Casa Primas! When he pretends to talk on the phone, he's always talking to "Fia" and "Ciela". As he gets older he is becoming an actual playmate for these guys and it's great. So I guess we'll stick around and just have to wait to "thaw" until the regularly scheduled time of year, July.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

I hope the weather gets better soon! I know it will and you'll have little Alice in time for the warm, hot summer.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home