Monday, April 28, 2008

The one I love

This one goes out to Domi's one true love. I know where I stand in the hierarchy of his affections and it's squarely at number 2 with a bullet (through my heart). He only has eyes for Hez. Well fine. We'll see how that goes when it's time to borrow the car, or pay for college.
We had a fun and pretty relaxing weekend, despite the cruddy weather. We stayed in the city, briefly saw the twins, saw tia Hez and James for dinner last night, hence the adamant and vocal Hez love. Domingo started asking for Hez at about 2:00 when he woke up from his nap, and didn't stop until she and James knocked on the door, and when he saw her, he pretty much spun into orbit with spazziness. He would not let her help me in the kitchen, speak to anyone else, or eat her dinner in peace. He wanted her all to himself.
Today we had our 30 week baby check. Everything is so far so good, knocking violently on wood. Just as a reminder, by this time, last time, I was done with work and sitting on the inflatable mattress in our living room while our sofa was being reupholstered, reading blog after blog, eating bowl after bowl of lucky charms, trying not to freak out when I'd have contractions. With Domingo we went into the hospital (for the 2nd time) at 28 weeks and that was the end of the fun until I was set free 8 weeks later. This time around things have been so completely different, it's almost not worth writing about. The only thing that I have some small anxiety over, and it's really nothing that important in the grand scheme of things is I really want to keep my weight in check this time. Last time I gained over 40 pounds, but I partially blame the bed rest (see above re: lucky charms). This time I don't have that excuse, but I'm actually tracking almost the same weight as last time(two pounds heavier this time than last) but I started out 9 pounds heavier, so technically this time I've only gained 19 pounds where as last time at 30 weeks I had gained 26 pounds. Like I said, small potatoes, and the most important thing is everyone is healthy and NO BEDREST! Not that I'm a weight obsessed person, (see id at Lucky Charms) but, there is still a little part of me that says "please don't keep packing on the pounds!" I want little baby to keep gaining of course, but maybe she could just take some of Mama's extra back fat to round out those cheeks hmm? What say ye?
ok, to appease abuela who said she'd be checking the blog from Paraguay here are some Domi picks. By the way abuela, we had the short ribs for dinner last night w/ Hez and James, and they were a big hit, so thanks!



no doubt looking at "fotos de baby" or pulpos.



wearing Chris's nasty sweat band, or "corona" as Domi would rather call it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Oh! I feel so special!!
xo, tia hez

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you are not the only one who is gaining some weight, your father and I will be back with at least 10 lbs. extra each. Bar San Roque, and Gustavo's cooking are to blame. I love Domi's pictures. He is the cutest, smartest and most lovable baby I know. Gustavo is taking pictures of all the fabulous dishes we are creating. I hope he will have time soon to post them.
Love you all,
Mom

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home