Monday, May 05, 2008

Superfunpak weekend

Hey all! We had another superfunpak weekend, complete with spills, thrills, and nothing else that rhymes, unless you count Felipe's gills.
We went to South Bend to see Grandma and Farfar, and then went to a party at Tia Laly's for Elena and baby Sebastian. We had a great time every step of the way.
But before we left, I got all my hair chopped off and will send it off to Pantene's hair donation program for women with breast cancer. Here are the before and after shots!



I must admit, while I hated having my hair so long (it's usually about 5 or so inches shorter) I'm not loving the kicky new do either. She was supposed to cut 8 inches, and it was more like 10 or 11, so she had less to work with after the initial chop. It's much less Katie Holmes/Victoria Beckam cute little swinging bob, and much more Sally Field's brown football helmet in Steal Magnolias. That said, it's only hair and it will grow back. But it does help me realize a tiny little bit about how awful it must be to lose all your hair not by choice. It also helps me to realize, (more like the horror is dawning) that I'm turning into my mother. We now have the same hair cut, and almost the same amount of grey. Yikes.

After the chopping, we were off to South Bend, and hung out with Grandma and Farfar, and when we left this morning, I'm sure Domingo would have rather we left him behind. He had such a nice time, even got to see a "Sapo Sarza" what we call toads (the word for toad in Spanish is sapo, but we name them all Sarza for a class mate of my dad's who looked like a toad so that was his nickname, so ever since the girls were tiny we called them sapo sarzas, mean I know!! but I've never even met the guy, so it's really just for alliterative purposes)



Reading with Grandma, and even though he laughs at her Spanish, they understand each other without a problem. (He picked up several English words too while we were there)


Sunday, we got to see the Michigan cottage in progress, and it looks amazing. I know I've said it before, but I cannot wait to go up there this summer! I know Domi will have such a great time, and it is going to be so beautiful, with tons of room for everyone. We are all so psyched.


Grandma was right when she said that it's not an addition but a whole new house!

After the cottage, we went to Elena's birthday, and Sebastian's welcome party at tia Laly's. Domingo was still a little sleepy, but perked up in the middle of all the toys.

Teeny baby and proud papa.

We went to Tia's with four bags and left with about seven! Fortunately for us, everyone had expected little Sebastian to be a girl, so our little one to come inherited a windfall, unless of course our ultrasound techs were wrong too, in which case we'll be sending those things back, well, most of them (there's nothing wrong with an infant boy in pink, who could possibly know the difference!)

We got back today and had a really wonderful day. The weather (for once) was absolutely beautiful, and Domi and I played in the park for a really long time. He is such a sweet and happy child, I just relish days like today where I can spend a lot of quality time with him.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

I think your hair looks fantastic. I love it!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home