Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Like it or lump it...

This baby is coming soon. I am most likely not going to make it to our due date of July 6, 2008. We had our regular OB appointment today and she did a culture for Group B strep (which is par for the course) and since my pants were already down, and I had been contracting pretty regularly she did a quick cervix check.
Well, apparently my "birth plan" was a little too ambitious for the ol' cervix and I'm dialated to 3cm, 50% effaced, and baby's head is at station -3. So in English that means, I could go into labor any time. Probably not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. I will be so happy if we can just hold out another week and a half. 37 weeks is "officially" full term. I want that "official" seal of approval.
What is it with me and numbers? I don't know I've always been the kind of person who wants to get over that last little hump. In school I was completely satisfied with an A-. That was my favorite grade, obviously an A would've been better, but hell, an A- is an A none the less. I am the queen of the bare minimum.
So, no more trips to Morris for us, we'll probably not make it to the cottage without a new little baby in tow, and forget Chris's dad's retirement party on the 22nd. I have no desire to go into labor surrounded by 30 OBGYNs getting their drink on.
Poor Domingo is getting more and more clingy as the days go by, and Leticia said that this was another "warning" signal her old wives have told her about.
The other day we were talking about the baby, how she'll be here soon, what we're going to do, how he's going to read to her, and talk to her, and sing to her, and finally be able to see her, and he looked at me with this weird earnest look and said "no quiero". Over and over. No quiero. I think he has figured out that all this baby talk means nothing good for the young prince of the house. I'm trying very hard to spend lots of time with him, give him extra hugs and kisses and let him know that we love him super super super much because, quiero or not this baby is coming.
Updates will continue, and hopefully nothing too exciting until June 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home