Friday, November 16, 2007

Over half way!!

I'm over the hump, and more than half way through NamBloPoMo! I am afraid I'm going to have another lame post tonight, since I'm about to go into a food coma, and there aren't even any new photo booth pics of Domi.
I had to play nurse today since Chris stayed home sick from work. I went to the market, picked up some bagels from the BEST bagel place I've ever found in the city, and made some chicken soup for the sickie's soul.
I'm going to go off on a slight tanget here, I realize I've never been to NYC, so I'm probably not an authority on bagels, but I have it on good authority that NYC bagel deli is about as close to the real thing as you can get. My delicious egg and cheese bagel really hit the spot, and the guys behind the counter are always so nice, they gave Domi a baby bagel on the house. It almost makes driving into that hellish part of town worth it. There are always 20 million idiots driving around, desperately trying to get to the container store, or crate and barrel, or pottery barn, honestly, do we need 40 different knick knack stores in a 1 block radius? These people are constantly driving, even in the middle of the day, or in the middle of the night, it does not matter. It never ceases to amaze me how many people just drive around in the middle of the day, don't these people have jobs? I realize that I'm part of the problem, as I was driving around looking for parking at 10:00 a.m. too, but I should be in the minority shouldn't I? I'm allowed special dispensation anyway, since I was on a mission of mercy, to get comfort foods for my sick spouse.
The deli is in a little strip mall next to seven or eight giant strip malls just on the outskirts of a pretty swanky neighborhood. It used to be a very rough area and it's really incredible how it's changed so much in a relatively short time.
Anyway, I stood in line (again, don't these people have to go to work?!), got my bagels, and got the heck out of dodge! I didn't even try to go to my other favorite place when I'm in that corridor, SAM'S!!! If there is one place I love, it's Sam's wine and spirits. There is something about wandering through a warehouse piled to the sky with wine, it's sublime. We always spend way too much, drink way too much, and get really great cheese and charcuterie. Mmmmm. Even though I just had a giant delicious meal I'm finding myself wanting to get some mousse truffe.
But I didn't stop there because Domingo was ready to peel his skin right off his face if forced to get back into his car seat after tasting sweet freedom.
So back to our place, and to the sickie. I made chicken soup and we ate it with yummy bagels and cream cheese. Then this evening the abuelos came to town and brought dinner with them. Mom has a course tomorrow in the city, so they came up tonight and made us a delicious dinner, and even cleaned up, that's a pretty good deal! So that's all for now, we'll see if I get less "day in the life" and actually have a substantive post tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home