Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sick.

You'll notice that this time it's not in all caps or with an exclamation point. The reason being that Domingo is in the middle of a pretty run of the mill cold, and since it's not his first (RIP OFF!) it's really not that huge of a deal. Except for the fact that it's making him miserable at night, which in turn makes me miserable at night. It's the butterfly effect, a baby sneezes in Paupau New Guinea, and I'm up all night, awesome.
Domingo is such a trooper though. I know how miserable he has every right to be, but he's not, he is just as chatty and happy and affable as always, just with a snotty nose. The only time he's a fuss-budget is at night when he's tired and can't breathe, so he can't sleep. And since I can no longer give him one of those recalled devil drugs, lest the internets report me to the authorities, he's just going to have to deal with the "natural" remedies of Vicks Baby Rub (which according to Ana I need to apply to the soles of his feet and the top of his head, because that's like where you breathe right? ARGHH!!! Voodoo witch doctress be gone!) and hot steam showers brimming with menthol tablets, I may just stay in there longer and see if I can lose some weight.
How does a baby who does not go to day care, and whose parents and care giver do not have symptoms come down with a cold you may ask? I blame the two little moco queens whose initials are S and G and who were so loving and sweet this weekend. Those hugs and kisses are just a clever ploy by the viruses to infect your little one, so be warned, do not accept hugs and kisses from girls bearing snot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home