Thursday, November 08, 2007

End of a long (short) week

I know, I know, people do NOT want to hear about how my three day work week is so taxing, poor me! But I have to say, today I'm totally wiped. Maybe it's the time change, I don't know, it doesn't help that before I can step out the office door it's black as pitch, even when I can leave around 5:00.
I will keep the personal pity party as short as possible, but it is really hard to get everything done in 3 days. Because it's not like I have a job where it's very 9-5, punch in sit down, punch out. I probably have enough work to be very comfortably active for an 8 hour day, 7 days a week. That would be just about enough time to stay on top of everything paprwork-wise, make every call I have to make, draft every document, have it reviewed if necessary, meet with all my clients on a regular basis, ask any questions I might have, actually get the answers, go to court, and not go insane. The trick is to scrunch all that into three little work days. I actually can usually do it somewhat successfully. Ok, my paperwork will often be a month behind, people do call and complain to say they can never get a hold of me, (I screen my calls like a fiend, on the off chance I'm actually in my office) and many times, I'm running from here to there flying by the seat of my still too many sizes too big pants. But I'm getting it done, that's what counts right? To get to be with this little guy as much as possible, it's so worth it.

5 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

I'm sure you're tired because of daylight savings. I'm totally sure. It is darker.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I agree. This week has been so taxing for me too, and there has been nothing unusual except for the time change...
Heather

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate, HATE the time change too.
all i want to do is nap and eat soup.
blech.
-jennifer

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gustavo said...

Hee hee, we had the opposite time change a few weeks ago. There was a big rain storm last night and sometimes it is unbearably hot, but the eternal winter I have been enduring is finally over and it is fantastic!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great aunt of domi chiming in -- hurrah for you all for hanging in there and balancing hard jobs with family life. I haven't been too helpful -- but really will plan a GNO soon, and Alice, want to try for a monday get together? Something helpful and not complicating? I miss you all -- we got back from our hiking trip 2 weeks ago or so and i've been catching up and non-communicative--so sorry! Hang in there women!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home