Friday, October 26, 2007

Thwarted by the superbug!

I'm quite sad to report that I did not get to attend my birthday dinner at Mirai with my sisters-in-law and thier spouses. (If you recall this is the place I waxed rhapsodic over a few posts ago.) After about 60 emails discussing, different times, dates, alignment of the stars, we had our plan and it was all systems go. Until at the 11th hour, our friends who were going to babysit called and our one friend, let's call him E., said he was sick, and he stayed home from work that day, but was feeling better, and his wife, was feeling fine. So I said, what the hay, let's go anyway. A few hours passed and I get another phone call, this time he had gone to the doctor and his doc. said, "hmm that's a funny abrasion on your chest. It looks like a staph infection. You better have some tests."
I'm all about building immunities, and I really, really, really wanted to go to fancy sushi dinner, but I had to draw the line at exposing my only son to the MRSA superbug. Not that it was a certainty that E. had it, but it really wasn't worth the risk.
It was probably ok that we didn't go, Domingo was exhausted when I got home, and for some reason Ana didn't give him an afternoon nap even though he was begging for one. I had asked her to have him ready for me to pick him up at 5:30, meaning not to be out at the park, she took that to mean keep this already sleep challenged baby up to the point he's jabbing his fingers in his eyes and crying at every possible turn. This is a baby who, when he bonks his head he just looks at you rubs his head and keeps on playing.
I hope the other two birthday girls had a wonderful, delicious meal, and delightful stimulating conversation. I hope they had the transcendent kani nigiri, the divine tuna tuna salmon, the unreal special suke, and the other worldly tuna combination. That's what I would've had. No matter what they ate, I'm sure it was wonderful, and better than my sad dinner of cold pizza and nachos. Ahhh. Oh well. Maybe next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home