Monday, October 22, 2007

Not so Starved Rock

This weekend we went back to Morris to visit with the abuelos and the primas. It was probably, I'm assuming, the last beautiful Indian Summer weekend of the year, but I also said that last weekend so you never know.
We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning, but got there a little late, so the pickings were slimmer than usual. Then we went to Morris and hung out with the abuelos, went for a walk, made delicious dinner, and sat outside and counted the stars with Domingo. He was a little confused as he usually only sees the moon in the morning- I only wish I were joking.
Then Sunday we got up, and did some pilates. Domingo is a very good weight, but he does make the workout take 2 or 3 times longer, since you have to take foreced rest brakes when he hightails it for the stairs.
Later, we took a little trip to Starved Rock State Park. It's pretty close to my parents house, and is really quite beautiful. This weekend, we weren't the only ones with that idea though, and it wasn't exactly a commune with nature, more like a commune with a hundred other sweaty tired people carrying their little ones in backpacks, piggy back, or forcing them to walk "just a little further". But the views are worth the climb, and worth pushing past the people.
Then after our excursion, we went to a nearby town and had a nice Eye-talian dinner under the fake stars. The place was actually very cute, even though the server actually said things like "Eye-talian bread". Whats even better, Domingo and the girls behaved like champions. I had very low expectations because Domingo has taken to forgoing his afternoon nap, and goes to bed pretty early as a result. He had a really busy day with all the fresh air and whatnot, so I assumed that melt down was unavoidable. I was pleasantly surprised when he ate lots of bread (as usual) some pasta and vegetables, some pineapple juice, and then played with his cousins until about 5 mintues before we were done. At that point he was bored and exhuasted, so we just went for a little walk around the empty restaurant, and it was great!
It was a wonderful weekend. The weather was perfect, the sun was sunny, the air was warm and breezy, and we got to spend a lot of time outside. I really try to take advantage of days like this as much as possible because I'm very easily affected by the weather, and lack of sun. I want to soak up every last minute. But the fact is, it's getting towards the end of October, and really there's no stopping the sun from setting earlier, until December 21 that is! (yes, I'm already counting down, so what?)
You'll have to wait to enjoy the last (photographic) fruits of summer, Blogger is once again giving me a hard time, and I'm too tired to wait around and see when it will finally let me upload pictures. But never fear, I'll get them up here eventurally.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

That sounds like such a nice weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed the nice weather!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home