Monday, October 20, 2008

Another busy weekend

We were in Morris again from Thursday on, and just got back this morning. It was such a gorgeous fall weekend, we did lots outside while we still can.
We spent a lot of time with the twins this weekend. We celebrated the their birthday over the weekend, and in keeping with the tradition they started last year, they got a BOUNCE HOUSE!!!
It was so awesome, but I have to admit that I liked it much more than Domingo. He was really not into the bounce this time, and only went in it when I was there and would only sit down. He got mad when I would get up and jump, but tough luck kiddo, mama's got to get her bounce on.
Domingo is now walking around our house with a pack of wipes saying "this is a present, I want to open this present". At the twins' house it was more like, "this is my present, I want to play with MY present". Ok, still need some work on 1.)sharing 2.) what MINE means.
The final pandora's box was opened this weekend, and Domingo watched The Little Mermaid with his cousins. Oh my. I remember seeing that movie and having the cassette tape of the songs. Hearing them totally took me back to being a little kid. It was pretty nuts. Needless to say, Domingo did not want to do much else besides watch "la sirenita" read la sirenita, and play la sirenita. He even said he was a serenito in the bath tub. Why do I do this to myself?
Everyone is sick now. It is just plain no fun. Domingo has a nasty hacking cough, and I'm now waiting for the mucus works to kick in. Amalia has this horrible cough and has fits and fits of coughing where I start to freak out because she's not breathing. It's so funny that even though she is miserably sick, she is in such a happy smiley mood these days. I think it is in part because of the reflux medicine, because that doesn't seem to be plaguing her anymore, but mostly because it's just the end of the "4th trimester". She is just such a joy these days, I can't get over it. I want to squinch her little chubby legs and cover her little cheeks with kisses all the time. I have to be careful not to squeeze too hard because I can get kind of carried away (hmmm, I wonder where Domingo gets it from?). So, yeah, I guess she's grown on me, and I suppose we won't pack her off to the circus... yet.
Pictures to come, but I'm too tired to put them up now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

You just dated yourself - as a youngun! I realized the Little Mermaid reference was one of those pop culture markers of a sub-generation divide where a few years makes all the difference.
I just hope Domi's Sirenita obsession passes quickly because it's usually too cold at Halloween in Chicago for a proper Ariel costume!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home