Monday, December 31, 2007

We're back!

Man is it ever a shock to come from the lush green paradise of Asuncion into the cold stark tundra of the Midwest. There is not one green thing as far as the eye can see. My cousin who came with us for a month to visit must have felt like she was coming to another planet. I've made this trip so many times, and even for me it's quite drastic, I can only imagine what it must be like for someone who has never seen the snow.
But besides that, we are back, safe and sound, although a little insane from the length of the voyage. It's a good thing we have a few days to decompress before having to go back to work. I remember the times we would come back after the 1st, and have to immediately go to school/work the next day, NOT fun let me tell you.
Domingo once again was a real trooper on the trip. He was a little less forgiving on the way back, crying a few times and refusing to sit in his car seat on a couple of occasions. I just know all those rides in Paraguay sans car seat are going to come back and bite us in the rear. Tough luck big guy!
Another thing Domingo seems to be telling me is that his body prefers to be in Paraguay. He did not have a single issue with any food he ate, or juice, water, anything, UNTIL we got home. That boy ate EVERYTHING and did not get sick once. Today out of nowhere he has some seriously nasty diarrhea (too much info for some I know, but sorry, I've come to discover, a little to my horror, that it's what mom's talk about) although it doesn't seem to slow him down at all. Either he's telling me we should move to Paraguay, or airports are filthy, disgusting places, and we should be hermetically sealed before we enter one. For now, I'll go with option B.
We are spending New Year's here in Morris, and then are headed back to Chicago tomorrow. We'll make a stop at tia Jennifer's to see some primos and grab Grandma and Farfar and then finally get back home where I will then have to go to the store because we are poorer than old mother Hubbard with out even a bone in the cupboard!
This is one of those trips that in order to recover, you need another week vacation!
More pictures and a full recap of all the Paraguay fun to come.
Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe and happy NEW YEAR!!
xoxo
Domi's World Staff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home