Friday, November 30, 2007

We DID IT!


"First we move our bodies all around, and we wave our arms up and down, lo hicimos, we did it, we did it, HURRAY!"
Ah 30 days of posts. It feels good to accomplish meaningless goals.
One quick ranting complain-fest about the weather, and I'm off. Today Domingo and I spent a grand total of 15 minutes outside. Is it any wonder that people gain weight in the winter? All there is to do is sit inside listen to wheels on the bus, and eat cheddar bunnies! (Did I mention that my son only eats food in bunny form? We have the complete line, can you say, "Mommy is a sucker for cute marketing?")
I had to run to the cleaners, and it took me about half an hour to bundle Domi up in all his many layers, and he was not helping matters by running away every time I pulled out his pants, the boy hates pants, and I can't really blame him. The snow suit he got for his birthday that looked like it was going to be SO BIG, fits him perfectly, right now, (although he does look a little like a giant marshmallow, especially when he's trying to crawl) and it's for 2 years old. He is enormous. Then we we were finally bundled, we got outside into the wind tunnel that is our street, ran to the cleaners, dropped off the stuff, and tried to go for a short walk, that ended before we even made it to the park 3 blocks away. We had to turn around in retreat because Domi's little nose was turning purple and I, being an idiot, didn't take any gloves, so my hands were also turning purple. ARGH! Calgon take me away!
Oh well, all this weather frustration and body dread will take a break tomorrow when Leticia comes up and we have a SPA DAY!!!! I'm so looking forward to this, it's a little frightening.
Now on to a well deserved break. But never fear we'll be back very soon with more tales from the crib. Oh yeah, and pictures of the boy.


Aw, that's cute, you think these people come to the blog to read your incessant quacking, when it's really just pictures of me they are after.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

I like the quacking and, always, the pitures. It's about 40 degrees in SF tonight and I am fa-reezing. Do you hate me?

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he looks so big-- and his chin dimple is very pronounced and adorable in that photo....
tell him i have "boo and baa at sea" for him checked out from OPPL-- he can have it and the other B and B book whenever I get the chance to see him again!
love, J

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home