Monday, November 26, 2007

Winding down

It's nearing the end of this month of blogging, and I was lying awake in bed last night composing today's post. Let me tell you, it was sublime, full of witty insights, touching heart-warming vignettes, and so on. Of course as I sit here now, exhausted again from another day of fun with Domi (this time with Emma, Mateo, and Liz Karina) and I cannot remember any of it. I should have written some of it down, but it was late, my brain was just whirling away, getting into sleep mode, and in all likelihood, what was lost somewhere between consciousness and the other side wasn't all that great anyway.
Today Domi had a really fun day. As I alluded, Emma Mateo and Liz Karina came over to hang out today because they just closed on their new house, but their old apartment had to be vacated by today and things just weren't quite ready. Although I don't envy the hassels they have aparently had to deal with in closing this sale, I do wish we were getting our own place sometime soon. I know we'll get there eventually but as they say, "the wa-a-ait-ing is the hardest part."
Besides that, Domi had such a blast today, he may even have found a new hero in Mateo, he's a worthy rival of primo Theo for vochincheria. Mateo is definitely enamored of his "tio" Chris, he kept asking me over and over when tio "Kis" was coming home. Then when he finally did get here, it was like all heck broke loose and he wound those guys up about as high as they would go.
I have a feeling Ana will not be too excited to see the pile of foam letters all over our apartment, that Chris had so painstakingly made into a floor mat two days ago. Karina and I already redid it once today, and Chris was on watch when the second tornado hit, so it's either him or Ana, and I don't see him doing it!
Tomorrow Mr. Chris goes to Washington. It's the first time I'll be alone with Domi for any sort of length of time, so I'll probably have a long angry ranting post about being left behind while he hobnobs with Supreme Court Justices. That should be good for entertainment value! Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home