Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Paranoid Android

Yesterday when I got back into my car yesterday after pumping gas at 3.39! a GALLON, (but that's not the scary part) this guy came running up to the car and started signaling me to roll down the window. Now I'm sure that he was probably lost, looking for directions, or possibly pan-handling, but I did something I usually don't do. I hit the lock button like 10 times, gave this kind of weak smile, mouthed the words "sorry, really sorry" and drove off. Normally, I would roll down the window, give him directions, or a dollar if I had one and say have a nice day and drive away. Not so much any more.
Now part of the reason I was a rude obnoxious rag is because my sleeping child was angelically reposing in the back seat, and um, sorry if I'm not waking him so I can get some lunch, I sure as hell am not about to wake him by giving you, bald potential murderer carjacker willie guy, directions .
The other reason, now that I think of it, was probably because Chris just told me this story about how a friend of ours saw this crazy car accident, guy gone wild and try to car-jack anyone to get away from the scene before the police and some citizens tackled him. It was in the paper even. She was in her car and a few cars away from where the guy pulled someone out of their car and was fighting with them to get it. So that was probably in the back of my mind when I so rudely drove off, leaving this poor guy to hit up the next joker pumping at the Mobil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home