Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Alone again...

Ah yes, the apartment is quietito as a mouse, or as Domi would say, a "toncito". Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have never been alone with my child, or have not put him to sleep myself, quite the contrary, that has happened on numerous occasions. But Chris and I have a relationship that might be seen by some (particularly those who spent the first few years of their marriage on one call room cot or another, away from thier own spouse and bed) as a bit on the clingy side.
We like to do things together, and by things I mean hang out on the couch watching Project Runway, eating nachos, and by do, I mean, I watch while he snipes and snarks about how everyone is over the top and we have a front row seat to watch the decline of humanity, but at least Tim Gunn is cool. But the TOGETHER, that's what's important!
I guess it only makes sense to want to be around the person that you're married to, but it's only when he's not around that I really realize how much I rely on him. He does so much around here, and although he jokes that his contributions are minimal, his patented "straightenings" for example, they are really what makes this family work, and I love him for it. I don't want to put too much of my own personality (or Chris's for that matter) onto Domingo, but I get the feeling he's the same way. This morning when he woke up he was rolling around in bed for a while and I was pretending to still be asleep (yes, pretending, that's it) and he was chattering away bonking me in the head, crawling around and giggling, when he all of a sudden sat up pointed toward the door and said Papa. He said it over and over again, like where is he already? See Chris is the one who always gets up with Domi in the morning and lets me have a few more prescious minutes of sleep. He calls it Daddy-Domi time, and I call it a life saver. Well this morning Domi was very confused since Mama was a groggy lump and not going to play, and Papa was no where to be found. After several minutes of concerned questioning, I distracted Domingo with a game of tickling and then we got up for the day. A little while later when I got on the computer Domi crawled up on my lap and asked to look at the baby (pictures of himself, no ego on this one) and he immidately saw a picture of Chris and Domi and got so excited and kept saying Papa, Papa, and when the slide show would change pictures, he got distraught and pleaded for mas Papa. So the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.
We miss you already Papa, and both can't wait for you to come home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

"Mas papa" -- that just melted my heart right there! What a cutie.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home