Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why do we live here again?

It's freezing cold and it's only November!! I think I got spoiled last winter when I was still walking around with only a windbreaker as an outer layer in January. I remember this because I was marveling about it pretty recently.
Oh I remember those optimistic days when I said I'd run with my baby jogger every day, lose 10 pounds past any baby weight I had put on, and grow 8 inches to be a model for Victoria's Secret.
Now the jogger sits in a disgraceful heap, a lovely bulky pointy, non-baby safe towel rack. Perfect for climbing on and falling to your painful doom if you are a 14 month old not quite steady on your feet. Meanwhile my back fat stays firmly in jiggly place, and the bra modeling career has (fortunately for the rest of humanity) been put on permanent hiatus.
I'm only reminded of my reasons for staying in the City even as I type this. Tia Heather came over tonight to help with Domi since Chris has abandoned us for the enchantments of D.C. and the Supreme Court, at least until Thursday. Domi once again was totally enamored of Tia Hez and they played while I drove Chris to the train. So Windy City you cold nasty B, you've won again, only because of help from our friends (and family). I supposed we'll have to stay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so feel the EXACT SAME WAY. Can we not convince ALL OF US to move en masse to say, North Carolina? I hear Asheville is lovely....
tia J
(mom of Freya of the 102 temp. who just REFUSED A COOKIE. unbelievable. I'm so glad I didn't bring her germs Domi's way last night.)
(but i'm still jealous of Tia Hez!)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home