Tuesday, December 04, 2007

And now I'm back, from outer space...

Miss me? I'm still not quite recovered from my month of postings, but I figured I should get some content up here before I lose all my loyal readers that I have so carefully cultivated.
Actually, funny things have been happening around here, and Chris keeps saying, "hey that's worth a post". So here we go again!
Last night as we were putting Domingo to sleep, going through the nightly routine, we got to the good night nurse part and I had to ask the question, "how long is too long?" How much longer can I really hold out on this wet nurse routine? I had initially thought until we got back from Paraguay, but Domingo is seriously testing my reserve. He was nursing and then abruptly stopped looked at me and said "otro" while patting my other boob. He wanted to let me know it was time to switch. He is now conversant with me about my boobs. This is, for me at least, a pretty good indicator that it's time to stop.
The question becomes when do we stop, after the trip? before? Right this second? So much to think about.
But for now let enjoy some ant and bee.

3 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

I DID miss you! I was spoiled! You are funny. I say after your trip if you can manage. Well, actually, as I write, I don't think that's true. It will probably just take him a few days to adjust. Maybe before? Who knows. Whatever you do will be great! How's that.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is very reminiscent of the Daniel/Lynn "SIDE!!" story--
you have heard that one, right?
i remember being horrified by a verbal nurser when i was a freshman at NU--
my how things change....
xox, J

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, i meant sophomore...

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home