Saturday, December 08, 2007

15th Month day update!

One day late, and a dollar short. I was about to post about how I'm just not feelin' it these days, and have nothing really note-worthy to report, when I looked at the date and realized that it's the day after Domi's 15th Month day! Bad job Mama.
Anyway, looking back over the month, there really is quite a bit to report, I guess I was just being lazy.
Domingo, you continue to amaze everyone. You are talking up a storm, and pick up a new word at least every day. You talk about your monstros, broombrooms, trens, and pio pios all day long. You can say pretty clearly when you want more agua, jugo, leche, cheerios, cereal, pan, uvas, pina, sandia, and pretty much any other food that you enjoy. You love to look at aviones, and shout 'ion every time you spot one. Then when it flies by, you demand "mas 'ion", and can get a little on the impatient side when I don't produce another right away.
That's something else that has developed further these days, your tantrum throwing skills are indeed strong young one, but not quite cute enough to get you what you want. Don't get me wrong, I most definitely choose my battles. I will not fight you over eating yet another clementine, or if you want to read Ant and Bee for the 12th time. I will however not be swayed by tears, fist pumping, foot stomping, and back arching if what you desire is to run around with ink pens in your mouth, or poopy diapers on your bottom. But really, that's about it.
This past month we celebrated Mama's and tio Ian's birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Tia May's birthday, and boy did we do a number on the cakes! I'm a little worried to see what the damage on the scale looks like at this month's doctor appointment. But I think all the extra calories are being worked off because the fact that you are officially WALKING this month! After many months of wondering if you'd ever be interested enough to get off your hiener, you are actually walking. Yes, you still plop down on your butt often, and if you need to get there like "yesterday" you drop to hands and knees and motor where ever it is you want to be, but you are most definitely on your way to being a full time biped. One of your main problems with walking is that you are so anxious to get there already, that the time and patience it takes to stay upright is sometimes too much. You just want to run, and since you can't, you'll just crawl. Ah you are so much like your mother, if you aren't good at something new right away, you'd rather just stick with what you are good at. Well, we'll just see about that won't we.
Over all, this month you've been a joy. You keep surprising me with what an angel boy you are, I keep wondering, where is all this payback I kept hearing about? But you are the sweetest, most mellow child. You wake up every morning (sometimes much earlier than I'd like) cheerful and talkative, and go to sleep every night wanting one last snuggle.
This coming month will have lots of adventures in store with snow suits, and sleds, and not least of all, our biggest adventure yet, next Sunday we are off to Paraguay! There we'll see the opposite of snow, and lounge around the pool to stay cool in the 100 degree heat, HURRAY! I really can't wait for you to meet all your cousins, and aunts and uncles and great-grandmothers. They are sure to fall in love with you instantly, and you'll charm them, just like you charm everyone you meet.
Every month I know you is a wonder. It just gets better and better. I know I've said this so many times before, but it's true every time, I can't wait to see what next month will bring. You are my darling boy.
Love,
Mama

1 Comments:

Blogger CP said...

he's so adorable!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home