Thursday, January 11, 2007

One week down...

So everyone survived Mom's first week back at work. Domingo came out like a champ, and got a tooth to boot. I actually got enough sleep to function and the only thing I didn't have a chance to do was exercise. But I think as soon as I get the hang of this schedule, and maybe if Domi starts to sleep a little better, I'll be able to fit that in as well.
I had a good week at work, they tried to ease me back into the swing of things, and for the most part it worked. I've decided to take things one day at a time, and so far so good.
As I enter the world of the working parent, there are lots of challenges that I'll be facing, hopefully with more sense of humor than sense of despair. An early example is this: today I had to make a sign to hang outside my door so that people wouldn't get an unexpected and awkward surprise if they happened to barge in while I was pumping. So now if the door is closed it says- when the breast pump's a-rockn' don't come a-knockin'. It's going to be an interesting year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home