Monday, January 01, 2007

resolution revolution!

Ok, it begins today! Not an original resolution, but here it is, I have resolved to lose all this weight and be swim suit ready by Memorial Day! I weighed myself at my mom's today, and not only have I not lost any more weight, I've actually GAINED weight since September! So I have started (again) to work out, and tomorrow the food overhaul begins. I have given up the illusion that I'd be able to run a half marathon by early February, my training got sidelined by a knee problem and then once that healed, the whole breast infection kept me from working out. So now I've started running again, slowly. Also, I have committed to running an 8k (just over 5 miles) in Chicago with my sister in March, which is a much more realistic goal.

Tomorrow is also the nanny's first day. I'll be home this week to "transition" Domi and hopefully not lose my mind. Then Monday is my first day back at work. I know this topic must be getting old, but it's a big step for me. I'll hang out this week and get comfortable with this lady, show her how Domi likes to be held, and get her hip to our little schedule and then as soon as I'm gone, I'm sure they'll come up with their own routines.
I'm hoping she's magic and will get him to take naps without a fuss, and take a bottle without a fuss, and sleep in his crib without a fuss and become an all around perfect baby, without a fuss. Is that to much to ask? She's taken care of a lot more babies than I have so maybe I'm not totally crazy to hope.
OK! Wish me luck on it all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home