Monday, December 18, 2006

It's official


So we've found someone to be a nanny for when I go back to work. After a pretty short interviewing process we met Anna who, starting January 8, will be spending her days in Domi's world. This picture pretty much sums up how I feel about this.
On the one hand, for a variety of reasons, I feel like going back to work is an important and necessary thing I have to do. On the other hand, it totally sucks. I've had long conversations with people about this subject, and I know I've posted on this issue before, but it's really been on my mind lately. I find myself getting really sad and wondering if he'll notice that I'm not around. I mean he's still just a tiny baby, does it really matter who feeds him, plays with him, carries him around during the day? (Yes) Then there are other worries I have like, what if he gets really attached to this woman and then she leaves? Or what if he likes her more than me? I've always been the jealous type, but seriously, I will go INSANE.
One good thing is I'm sure I'll appreciate every minute I have to spend with Domi. I'll also be much more reluctant to hand Domi over to Chris when he gets home from work or on the weekend. But I'm sure I'll be exhausted from working, so will I really have enough energy during the time I do spend with him to be a good parent? And dear Lord, what if the sleeping doesn't get better! I'll jump out the window (luckily my office is on the ground floor, so I won't be hurt, but still ).
The good news is nothing is set in stone. If after a few months I realize it's not working out, or I'm miserable, we can reevaluate and go from there.
I know I shouldn't obsess too much, and enjoy my last three weeks at home with him, but what can I say, that's just what I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger La. Sra. said...

I'm glad you got the care of Domi worked out. It took us quite a while to figure out who could watch Elena.

He will know you're not there, just wait till the first couple of times you come home - you'll see it in his eyes he missed you and you're still his world.

It will also bring you comfort when you come home to him happy with Anna. It completely put me at ease the first day Elena went to Martha's to see her happy and bouncy when I went to pick her up. When the baby trusts the caretaker it brings a sense of calm to you.

I really didn't want to go back to work either, but, I'm finding, on a whole, that it brings back some sanity to my day. Knowing I'm still productive in something other than being the milk wagon and domestic wannabe diva is great, even though somedays I wish I could be home.

I think at somepoint it'll be where I can stay home but, it's better to go back and try and find you didn't like it than to not go back and hold it against yourself for however long that you didn't try.

My ramblings on the subject. Enjoy the last few days at home and don't jump out the window when you get back and see your desk!!!!

Merrry Christmas!

The Garcias

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home