Thursday, December 21, 2006

pretty gross: a cautionary tale

I debated quite a bit whether I should share this story, but after telling Chris last night, he got so much pleasure out of it, and then he was still laughing about it today, I figured why deny the world, but I warn you the following is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach.
So last night Chris was out practicing with his band-mates, so I was left to do the evening routine by myself. This routine is pretty simple, a bath, a baby massage, a book, last call, and then to bed. Usually Chris takes the bath and the to bed portions.
By way of background, recently Domingo has outgrown the little "tub" we had been using, (I think it was an old plastic laundry basket, but whatever) and we had started putting Domi in the bath tub, but since he can't sit up by himself yet, Chris gets in with him. So last night I got the bath ready and got in with Domi. He was kicking and splashing, he's really gotten into taking his bath, it's really relaxing for him. Almost too relaxing...
So I put some shampoo in his hair and was about to start washing when he lets out these two cute little toots. Ha! I start to smirk and probably think of something to say like, "my word!" or "excuse you!" when there is a very loud very giant poop explosion that comes out of my son's rear. I had less than a nanosecond to react, but those "mother" instincts are so fast, I yanked him out of the water just as the semi-solid dispersed and the water was a yellow cloud.
So there I was, sitting in a tub of poop, holding my naked, confused, and still shampooed son up in the air. Good times. I knew that there would be no help to come home for hours so I got up rinsed off myself and the boy and left the gross tub for Daddy to deal with when he got home.
The moral: don't leave your fatherly duties to your wife, or you'll end up cleaning your son's dooties off the bathtub floor.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

OMG that is so funny, I love that story!The other day we brought some frozen breast milk we didn't end up using. I accidently left it in the bag overnight. When I threw it down the drain in the morning it was like throwing pure gold away....

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home