Friday, January 05, 2007

Bring your Domi to work day


Today we went to visit Chris at his office. Domi did great, and everyone remarked on how big and alert he is (and how gorgeous, but that goes without saying!).
If I ran the world, I would totally have in office day care. How great would that be, bring your baby to work with you everyday! You could spend your coffee breaks and lunch hour with him! There would be quiet little nursing rooms with rocking chairs for when you need to feed. Ah if women ran the world... (Actually our friend Sara told me that this firm that sues the City all the time is planning on putting in an in-office day care, hmmm...)
As it is, I start back on Monday, no nursing room, but I will have my handy dandy back pack pump and my "cozy" little office, so that's kind of the same thing right? Oh yeah, and the window in my office faces another building's door, so I must make sure to close the shades or there will be quite the show going on! There is nothing more attractive than being milked let me tell you!
Because I'm a flake, I forgot the camera, so here is a picture of Domi practicing grabbing with one of his inherited rattles. He's getting so good at it!

3 Comments:

Blogger La. Sra. said...

At least you get an office - I typically get my car on the side of the road and embarass the occassional cop who is being kind to check up on me.

I know a few of my girlfriends would be glad to go into business with you so there would be some kind of rational organization to the workforce who want moms to continue working.

Have a great weekend!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's got to be a network of orgs/businesses/practices which make this a priority. I'm going to ask my ob/gyn (northwestern womens' grp) what they've done to make mothering/working fit together more smoothly. gas (gr aunt s)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Karthik said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home