Thursday, January 04, 2007

froggy went a court'n


I love this towel my sister and Ian got Domi for Christmas, the jangly arms are so funny.
So it's nearing the end of Day Three of Anna's first week. And the sleeping today has gone a bit better. Three naps, none were super long, but at least they were all present and accounted for. The best thing is, tomorrow is Mommy-Domi time all day all the way!
I'm starting to feel a little more optimistic about the whole situation, although last night my suspicions were confirmed in that Domi didn't sleep well at all and woke up several times and then at 4 am pretty much didn't go back to sleep. So the nap nazis were in full force today, and it seems it is just taking some adjusting on Domi's part to learn to go to sleep without nursing. From the department of hindsight is 20/20: I wish I had tried harder to not let him nurse to sleep, but what are you going to do?
I'm also feeling a little better because I went for a jog yesterday, and got a hair cut today, so I feel slightly more human and less like a cave troll. Amazing what just a bit of personal hygiene can do for your self-esteem and overall outlook on life.
So it's a period of transition for all of us, and it's going to be rough at times for everyone. But I'm confident that Domi is strong and resilient, even if I'm not so much. And really, he's all that matters.

1 Comments:

Blogger La. Sra. said...

It took me a nice pair of jeans, a new hair color and a new set of earrings to achieve some sense of not being a cave troll :) I hear ya.

You're doing great, hang in there and enjoy a Domi-Mommy day!!!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home