Monday, January 08, 2007

The worst is over


At least for now. I think the worst part was not knowing how it was going to go, not knowing how Domi was going to be without me. But, like everybody assured me, everything was fine. I got to my office and nothing had really changed. I was so worried that I wouldn't remember how to do my job, 6 months is a really long time to be away from something to jump right back into it. But I sat down and started going through the 2000+ emails I had, read through some of the cases that I was assigned, and before I turned around it was already 2:00 p.m. and I hadn't even had lunch. I even knew the answers to a few questions that people asked me. Everyone was really nice and made me feel really welcome and missed. At about 4:00 p.m., I made my one and only phone call to Anna to tell her not to feed Domi again before I got home and she told me that Domi did great all day. He took 4 naps today, and when I got home his face lit up in a giant smile. It almost makes leaving worth while to come home to a welcome like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home