Tuesday, April 07, 2009

31st Monthday!!



Domingo, we are ridiculously light on the pictures of you this past month. But we do have a bunch to report. This past month you have exceeded even your usually impressive amounts of willfulness. But you temper it nicely with your sweetness especially around your sister.
You are also keeping me from throwing you to the wolves by all the funny things you say lately, and there's loads. Some of my favorites are "calmate" and "no te frustres mama" when you think I'm getting a little too antsy for anyone's good. Rather than send me into a rage as I'm sure it would if you were a few years older and accompanied by the obligatory eye roll, I actually am reminded that you are watching every move I make, and if I'm frustrated or agitated, you pick up on it instantly. So it really works, I take a deep breath and relax, and then I laugh at you and myself.
You now speak English just as well as Spanish and your vocabulary is skyrocketing. You are so comfortable speaking in English now I get a little worried that your Spanish will slip away, but I am making every effort to keep it up.
You are now sleeping every night in your big boy bed with Papa. We are transitioning ever so slowly to you in your bed alone, and I think it's working. You love sleeping in your bed, and a few weekends ago when you had to give it up for the primas, you were none to pleased. Soon enough you'll be in there by your self, or maybe we'll make you share with your sister! I think it's helping everyone sleep a little better now that we're not all crammed in the bed together, but I do sometimes miss the sweet boy snuggles. It's officially boys against girls now and your sister and I say good night and don't see or hear you again until morning. All this Daddy-Domi time you've been spending has lead to an unexpected Daddy obsession on your part. You are so into your Papa lately, it's great. I must admit to feeling a little heartbreak when I went to console you once at bed time and you screamed, "Yo quiero mi PAPA!" I was so taken aback, since you have never once before wanted anyone else over me if you were upset or crying. I almost cried, then almost launched into a "I carried you for 9 months..." type tirade before I realized that not only does this make perfect sense, it is a wonderful thing that you and your Papa are so very close, and growing closer every day.
The other big news this month is that after months of hand wringing and angst (on my part, you have been blissfully ignorant of all the drama) you will be attending a cooperative preschool next fall! You got in off of the waiting list for one of the schools we applied to in January, and I am so excited and happy. It seems like it will be a good fit for us, as it has everything I wanted from a preschool- finger paints etc. and it has the parent involvement that I think is really important for us both to feel comfortable with the transition to school. The other good thing for me and your Papa is that we'll get to learn how to be good responsible involved parents BEFORE your actual school starts. It's a win-win.
Every day you say or do something insane, or hilarious, or adorable. Everyday I say "man I've got to type that up for my blog". But the thing is, we're so busy actually doing insane, hilarious and adorable things that the time slips by and I forget what it was that was so noteworthy! However, I would rather be there with you than be next door typing up what I heard you say.
Love,
Mama.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

I feel that way all the time. Q says all this stuff, and I think that I need to write it down. But it is gone!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home