Friday, February 13, 2009

25 things Domi and Amalia version



First born goes first:

1. I am already 2/3 as tall as my mother and I'm only 2.
2. I am named after my abuelo and my Farfar.
3. My first word was pelota, or ball in Spanish.
4. I called my mama "papa" for about a week.
5. My favorite food is peas, but I also love chips, and of course CANDY! Also, I only eat things plain, not "dirty" with sauce or God forbid, butter.
6. When I was 16 months old my parents made a list of all the words I could say. It was over 160 words so they stopped counting.
7. I can say lots more now.
8. I bumped my mouth on the bathtub when I was around 6 months old, it made a dark spot on my front tooth that later turned into a chip.
9. My mother chipped the same front tooth when she was a baby.
10. My mother hopes I don't use my serrated smile to bite my sister the way she used to bite hers.
11. I don't like ice or things that are too hot or cold.
12. I don't like taking naps.
13. I don't like going to bed at night.
14. I don't like getting my diaper changed.
15. I do all the above things grudgingly if you have a little patience.
16. I always want one more book.
17. My favorite book is about dinosaurs.
18. I love all animals, but dinosaurs are probably my favorite, and I love it when you name them for me, and I can name about 50, including parasauralophus, pachyrhinosaurus, and pachycelphelosaurus.
19. I roll my eyes at mama when she makes a mistake about which is which before I correct her.
20. I love all my extended family, but will not hug or kiss them on command.
21. I love my primas, but will not share with them.
22. I love my sister, but will not share with her.
23. When my sister is asleep, I ask to wake her up.
24. To get me to brush my teeth, you have to find a toy that is afraid to brush his teeth and then tell me to help him by showing him how.
25. My favorite word is no, but if I'm pressed I'll make it a no thank you.

Now Amalia's turn

1. I was born on the longest day of the year.
2. I'm named after my Norwegian great grandmother and an Argentinian comic strip
3. I'm already nearly 1/2 as tall as my mother and I'm only 7 months old.
4. Up until January, when I started eating solids, I was made up entirely from my mother's body, except for one single cell that I got from my dad.
5. That one cell takes its toll.
6. I am very ticklish, especially if you eat my toes.
7. Everyone I meet comments on my size.
8. I am actually smaller than my brother was when he was my age.
9. I need to sleep with my feet propped up on something, preferably my mother.
10. My brother is the most fascinating person on the planet.
11. I hate peas, but love every other food including chips.
12. I also love eating paper.
13. My eyes are slowly but surely turning brown and they are amazing.
14. I was not the easiest baby from months 1-4.
15. I'm making up for it now.
16. I now have two teeth and can do some serious damage.
17. I love bath time.
18. I love books, but I love eating books even more.
19. I don't like doggy kisses.
20. When I smile it starts at my eyes and works it way to the rest of my face.
21. I can say dadadada, but mama says it doesn't count as my first word.
22. I am the house champion for poop-throughs. I beat Domi's record for number of times a diaper could not contain me. I bet you can't guess who came in third place.
23. I am definitely pro-chupete and don't know how or why Domingo didn't like them.
24. Before I was born they said I had a tiny head compared to the rest of me.
25. My head is the only part of me that's bigger than Domi's was at this age.

2 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

Wow. I've been tagged on Facebook a million times and I can't get my own 25 things done, let alone my children! But I love these. Thanks! We miss you guys!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent lists! I feel like I know Domi and Amalia so much better now. It's hilarious that Domi corrects you on your dinosaur names. Thanks for playing along!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home