Thursday, January 22, 2009

7th Monthday!!


Don't look so surprised, I'm on the monthday case!

Amalia, yesterday you turned 7 months. Where is the time going?
You keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger! What gives? You are taking a run at your brother's title as chubbiest baby ever.
You are sitting by your self, and rolling all over the place. You still have no real interest in moving anywhere, but I think once you realize that you can follow Domingo, or move to get the toy you desire, it'll all be over for us. Babyproofing will be a whole new ball game with your brother's million and one chokables strewn around the place!



You are a terrific eater, surprise surprise. Esther tells me that you grab the jars of baby food and want to dump the contents in your mouth because a spoon just doesn't get the job done fast enough! For me you have slightly better manners and will tolerate the spoon, but will often get frustrated and you want to do it YOURSELF. This is starting so soon? Aiyiyi! The other thing that fills you with baby rage is when I have a glass of water, or a cracker or anything edible and I won't share with you. Understandable, you are just trying to get me to be a more giving person. I get it. You are happy to eat all kinds of things, and I am once again a little lax on the "introduce one food at a time" thing. But so far so good, and no adverse reactions to anything. Except of course mama's reluctance to share her margarita.



In response to your ever increasing size, we've made the switch from the "snugride" car seat to your brother's old seat, and moved him into a new toddler seat. That was a big deal. Papa almost killed me for picking out a seat that was impossible to install- until he read the internet comments like I told him to!
But you just did not fit in the old seat, your toes dangled off the edge and I could not lift up the seat and your 20+ pounds and lug you around any longer!
You look so grown in the big blue seat that Domi used for so long. I got a little choked up. And the great hand-me-down procession begins! Well, it actually began the moment you were born and you have been living and playing in all your brother's and cousins' great stuff since. And it will continue on down after you with your new baby cousin coming in May! Last night we saw tia Hez and pretty soon we'll have a brand new baby cousin that you can boss around! You won't be the littlest for long, which is a mixed blessing, I know. But it just means one more little wiggler to wrestle around with, and that will be great.

Amalia, you are changing so quickly, I wish my brain had an automatic video recorder so I could record all of your little moments. You are sunny and giggly one second and all rage and storm clouds the next. You are your mother's daughter, and I'm so glad and sorry at the same time! I know exactly how you feel, because I was there too. As I grow up and grow with you, I find in myself more and more glimpses of my mother. This is wonderful and horrifying at the same time. I know that you'll do the same. Hopefully, you'll keep the good, and work on the not so good, and we'll keep improving as we go along. One thing for sure, just like my mom, I'll always be here to frustrate, infuriate, and adore you.



Love, Mama

2 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

Adorable!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know - the blogs are just wonderful to get out here in the snowy wilds of CO. I am missing all the babies so much - Amalia, of course Liam and even mo-mo who's not born yet. And I miss the big boy-Mr. D, and F+T!! xo Sally

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home