Sunday, January 04, 2009

Working for a living

So tomorrow it's back to the working world for me. I know that the kids will be totally fine, and it will probably be good for them to have some time to themselves, maybe work on that novel they've been talking about. As for me, I know that the first few weeks will probably be really tough. I mean, it's been 6 months of being with Domi and Amalia non-stop. I think over the last 6 months, I've spent maybe 30 hours total away from the two of them. In 6 months. (This includes overnight since we still all sleep in the same bed!) That is a hard habit to break.
I'm sure the first day will feel like a treat, so much time by myself, and even the possibility of going to the restroom alone! It's almost too much. But by the end of the week, I'm sure I'll be very ready to hang out with my little munchkins and not want to go back. But then I know, we'll get into a rhythm, and after a few weeks, it will seem like this was always the set up.
I'm not going to lie and say it's easier this time around, if anything it's harder. I've had such a great time with these guys. Especially Domingo, he is so much fun at this age, and it's so great that we've had this time together. And Amalia is just now getting more and more interactive and more awake and alert. It's hard to leave now that she's less of a scream-body and more of a love bug.
My consolation is once again that I'll be at home more than I will be away, and soon enough they'll be in school- for Domingo maybe even this fall, and so what would I do with myself all day? (I can think of a few things!)
This past holiday weekend was a good way to prepare for this coming week. We got to hang out in Morris, went to the Children's Museum in Naperville, then came back to the city, hung out w/ tia Hez and tio James, hung out with tia Jennifer and family, and now are cleaning up (Chris) and playing dinosaurs (Domi) groaning (Amalia) and blogging.
We've talked about tomorrow, thought about it, planned for it, and now all that's left is to do it. So I'll post an update on the other side. Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer N. said...

Good Luck!
all my love,
tia J

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home