Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year end round up!

I can't believe the year has come and gone. (I know the Christmas post hasn't even made it up!)
We've had quite an amazing year. The most exciting part of course was the Cubs choking in playoffs, again, oh wait no, that part was bad. Domingo, Chris and I met the much talked about and much anticipated hermatina, Amalia Mafalda, and Domi's world was never the same.



But I can't say that Domingo has minded thus far. There were a few moments of mommy-jealousy, i.e. put the baby down, make the baby sleep, I want oopa, but nothing like some of the stories I've heard (i.e. send the baby back to God- very creepy tia J.) which was a huge relief. Domingo pretty much accepted her as soon as she arrived and he now adores her and does his best to amuse her. (I'm sure I'll upload a video of Domi doing a line from West Side Story for Amalia and her cracking up, a laugh riot, I know!) From the moment Amalia's eyes could focus, they were trained on Domingo and she is so interested in every move he makes.








There have been several milestones reached this year. Domingo turned two, learned to jump, climb up and down the stairs, became a lover of the swimming pool and the icy waters of lake Michigan, and he discovered his first true and obsessive love: dinosaurs. He knows the name of about 40 different kinds of dinosaurs. He will very often correct me, (and I've become quite the expert from all the dino books we now have) when I mistake one pachycephalosaur for a parasauralophus.

And we haven't even mentioned the milestones Amalia has reached this year! Amalia was born on the longest day of the year, as if to let us know she would fill our days with light. I can't rewrite history though, she was a little stormy those first few months, but once she hit 4 months she was and continues to be a delight. She is so sweet and giggly and rolly and chubby.




She went from a teeny little peanut to a giant drooly dumpling. And those early days of little sleep and teeny diapers are a blur and haze, but you really don't have a chance to be sad about them passing because each new moment, phase, stage is more fun than the last.

This year we said goodbye to Ana, Domingo's babysitter since he was 4 months old, she couldn't wait for us while I was off for 6 months, so she's taking care of another family now, but we are saying hello and welcome to Ester who will take good loving care of Domi and Amalia when I return to work after 6 long great months off. I hope I remember what I'm doing! We've had such a wonderful 6 months together, you'd think we'd get bored of each others company, but it's just not the case! We've done so many fun things this year: museums, zoos, aquarium, swimming at abuela's, vacationing at the new cottage on Lake Michigan, visits from friends, meeting brand new babies, playing at the park, playing at home, learning colors and numbers and letters and reading reading reading! I've had such a great time I don't want it to end. I know it will be hard. Change is always stressful, but it can be a really good thing, just look at the changes our little family has gone through in the past year as proof.





Year end round up in photo-form:












































































2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Yikes! What is all over Domi's face in that last pic? Please tell me it's chocolate. If not, thank you for not telling me when he was attacked by wolves. I couldn't have handled it.
xo, tia hez

6:11 PM  
Blogger Chris N. said...

Yeah, kind of a weird way to end the pictures huh? It was chocolate by the way, he wasn't so good at getting it in his mouth at first, that was another milestone he conquered.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home