Sunday, March 25, 2007

A gorgeous day...


Can't you tell!
Today my sister and I had our big race and spa day, it was FABULOUS!! We had a terrific time running and did great, no problems at all. My knees are just a little creaky tonight, but a little advil and all will be right with the world. It was such a wonderful sense of accomplishment and we finished pretty much right when we said we would. I totally remember why running in races, and running in general is so addictive. I really want to find another race to run soon. An 8k (about 5 miles) is pretty much the perfect distance if you ask me (who did right?). It's long enough that you have to, or should at least in my opinion, prepare for it, but short enough that you aren't hurting to finish. So you get all the benefits of a little prep work, all the good feeling of reaching a goal, finishing a race etc. without all the pain and time commitment that comes from longer races like a marathon. That said, I think I might do the Chicago half marathon in Sept. but we'll see how this summer goes. I'm totally inspired to keep running though, especially now that the weather is starting to cooperate.
Speaking of, the weather could not have been more beautiful today. It was probably the nicest day of the year (so far). Domi got to go to the park and hang out in the swing, which he loves, and watch the primas spin around like pinballs, which he also loves, until he gets overwhelmed! It was good to see so many people (Leticia and family, my parents, Chris's parents and 2 different sets of friends) this weekend. Although it made for a very tired and crabby Domi after all was said and done, it was well worth it. I feel totally refreshed and renewed, spring is definitely here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home