Friday, March 09, 2007

hate-hate relationship




Behold! The single most horrific infant torture device ever created. Or at least you'd think that if you were to listen to me try to aspirate Domi's nose with that thing. "It never loses suction!"
I've tried the direct, "this is what I'm doing, and I'm bigger than you so it's going to happen" route, the sneaky "look over there at that awesome toy while I covertly try to inch my way to your nose" method, then finally the "hold it yourself, see it's not so bad, make friends with the nose vacuum, please let me do this for your own good, try to use it" routine. NOTHING works. He sees me coming at him, then twists away with all his little might, and then wails like a banshee until I give up. The worst part is that Daddy says he can't do it, he's afraid he'll stick it up too far and suck out brains. So here is yet ANOTHER torture job that only Mommy will do. Look for me on next year's season of 24. Good thing I have some breast milk goodwill going for me or I'd definitely be the most unpopular girl in the house. But, I think I'm pretty close to spent on my edible capital.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

oh no! i hope he feels better soon!
tia hez

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Domi! How well I (and F and T probably) remember the evil snozzle.
I love his contemplative look in the photo though!
Tia Jennifer

2:16 PM  
Blogger La. Sra. said...

Somehow I think Elena and Domi secretly had a rendevous and infected each other with this feared cold.

And with all the past colds we finally had to pull out the bulb suction. Talk about a nasty fight.

Amen Amen Amen Amen to the torture device. I think #2 on the list should be toenail clippers.

I hope he gets better soon and I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the cowboy hat. Toooooooo cute!

Here's hoping the cold is over before Wednesday when we hit the plane for Paraguay.

3:01 PM  
Blogger KMW said...

You could have been writing that post as me. We have given up on that thing. It's evil.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home