Sunday, March 11, 2007

A nice weekend at home

Our camera ran out of batteries, so I'll post some pictures from this weekend, later this week. We actually had a really nice weekend at home, it's the first time we've stayed home in a while. It was a decent weekend weather wise, and what that means is everyone and their mother is out and about in Chicago. You can totally tell the days are getting longer, and I think Daylight Savings Time will work in our favor sleep-wise with Domi. This morning he woke up at 7:00 a.m. which is now 8:00 a.m., and even if he wakes up at his usual 6:00 a.m. time, that's now a much more respectable 7:00, that is once my body gets used to it!
Speaking of bodies, I'm re-renewing (or is this the 4th renewal now?) my vow to get back in shape. I had a rather rude awakening (again, how many rude awakenings does it take?) dress shopping today. I'm still 2 dress sizes bigger than I've ever been and it's NOT cool. The funny thing is I don't feel like I'm THAT much bigger than I was before, and when I'm dressed, I don't look that much bigger (at least to me) but I just have all this extra flab all over. So, more salads for lunch and dinner and more workouts and pilates for me. I have 5 months to get into smokin' hot shape for tia Hez's and tio James' wedding, and I intend to do my darndest to get there.
Finally thanks to everyone who called/wrote emails/comments to show thier concern/give advice/love etc. about Domi's cold and the whole sleep situation. He's on the mend I think, and even though he's still coughing and stuffy, I think it won't be long before he's back to 100%. As for the sleeping, I'm totally not stressed about it, (one of the only things!) it'll happen when it happens. That or we'll move our family bed to the dorms when D goes off to college.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Ah yes, the dreaded dress size--how is it possible I ever got this big?!! LOL He only weighed 4lbs, 13oz and that was almost a year ago! LOL

I'm also renewing the "new body" vow! Good luck!!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home