Wednesday, March 28, 2007

After the dust settles...




So I have been avoiding writing about the latest goings on in Domi's world at least until I could stop breathing fire. Anna came to me on Monday and said that she has to quit. She is apparently allergic to Oslo. She told me that she thought she was allergic to him a month or so ago, but then never said anything more about it, until Monday. She has been to the doctor and tried to get treatment, but to no avail.
I felt like someone had died. I really went through all the stages of grief. There was shock, lots of anger, denial -maybe someone will offer to take Oslo in, and maybe we'll be given a million dollars and a brand new car!; bargaining- maybe there is some way we can work it out? and then acceptance- I spoke with the agency, and they are sending over 2 interviewees tomorrow.
So we are once again in the process of looking for a new babysitter. This brings up a whole host of issues- again. This was plenty hard to deal with the first time. But we found someone that even if I don't always agree with, (I'm not crazy about her food choices- orange crush and fritos for lunch) I trust her without a second thought and that is something worth gold. I can leave and go to work and not worry for a moment that Domi is being well taken care of, with love and lots of attention. Now we have to start all over and there are all new problems, like Domingo's ever increasing stranger anxiety, my own retisence to leave him alone with someone new, and as always there is the whole issue of the dog. Will the new nanny be willing to take care of this old blind dog? He's really not that high maintenance, but I can see how someone would rather take a job where they don't have to deal with it.
We'll figure out something I know. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home