Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Five months!


You turned five months today! This past month has been really amazing. You have grown so much and keep learning new things and are changing every day. This month you got two teeth without much ado. There was some serious pooping, a LOT of drooling, a night or two of crying, and then out popped your teeth. I think we are in for more of the same as we've had a couple restless nights recently, you had five poops today and are putting everything you can get your chubby little hands on in your mouth.
You also learned how to roll over from your back to your belly this month. I saw it for myself yesterday, and Ana admitted that when she saw it, she gave you a little push, so technically Chris and I saw the very first unassisted roll. I know really soon you'll be rolling all over the place to get from one delicious toy to the next.
You have decided that sitting or standing are the way to be. Lately when we try to put you down for tummy time, you are not having it, there is too much to grab, too much to see, tummy time is for babies, you're a big boy!
You've also graduated from the swaddler, at least when we are home. Ana says that she can't get you to sleep without it, so she'll just have to keep trying. But you have gotten much better about taking naps, and have broken the hour mark on several occasions.
Today marks the one month date of me going back to work, and so far so good. We decided to take it one day at a time and I think the plan is working so far. Daddy and I get home in time for bath time, which is still your favorite time of day, (see the picture where you are so relaxed and with a nude attitude) and then to bed where we spend some more quality time together!
Yep it's true, you are still not STTN (sleeping through the night), the true hallmark of good parenting, and we are failing miserably. But like tia Leticia said, either you'll learn to do it eventually or you'll be off to college and calling me up at 4 a.m. asking to nurse. I think the former is more likely.
Then comes Friday, my favorite day. I get my boy all to myself. We hang out, play, read, and eventually, will get to go on great outings. Right now it's too cold to go much farther than the laundry room, but soon we'll go to the store, the park, the zoo, the beach and more! Oh the places we'll go. But the best will always be when we are all together at the end of the day, you, me, Daddy and Oslo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Domi! Tia Patricia here.
Just wanted to say that you are growing up so quickly.
Like your mommy just said, you will be taking Chicago by storm very, very soon.
Love,
Tia Patricia

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home