Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fasten your seatbelts, 24 MONTHDAY!!

Happy birthday Domingo!
I can't believe you are two years old today! It's hard to believe in both ways, it seems like just yesterday you were a teeny baby just like Amalia, but then again, it seems like you should have been two months ago. Partly because I feel like the terrible twos started a LOOONG time ago, partly because you are such a chatty guy that that it's hard to believe you just turned two today.
Two years ago you were like this:


And now:


You have changed so much over the last two years it's incredible.
You continue to be the worlds sweetest boy. You are such a little snugglet. At night when you are all tucked in bed, you go through the list of people and toys you love and say they are all snugglets (Mama, Papa, Amalia, Marco mono, Baby jaguar etc. etc.), it's very sweet. You love animals and bugs and dinosaurs and milk. You hate diaper changes, wearing shoes, nap time, and are currently going through a real mama-phase.
Last night was a perfect example, after a long day with no nap you were ready to hit the hay, and I foolishly wanted to take a shower and let your father put you to bed. That was a bad idea. You stood outside of the shower door crying and kept trying to open the shower and didn't care that you were getting all wet, you just wanted mama. You were either trying to save me from the horror of the shower or the sight of me naked scared you to tears. I know, I feel the same way.
I know that I should treasure these moments, when you only want to be with me, when you can't bear to be parted from me. I know it won't be long before you won't want me to be standing next to you let alone giving you hugs and kisses and tickles.

This month has seen a few changes at our little home, but most notably:


BIG BOY BED!!!
You haven't slept in it yet, but you have played on it, and do like it. We'll have to slowly introduce the idea of you sleeping in it at night at some point soon. I think it will help you sleep better when Amalia wakes up at nap time or over night. (Although you don't really wake up when she does now.)
I'm sure I'll miss having your warm little body snuggly next to me (and Marco mono- your favorite monkey), but I am looking forward to having the bed to myself again, oh whoops, your sister still has a few years to go!
There haven't been a lot of major milestones this month, and we haven't been to the doc. for the official weight/height check, but it's the little ones that are getting me these days. For example, you are really proficient at going up and down the stairs by yourself. You are very cautious, which I love, but it takes you a long time and you want to do it BY YOURSELF, which can be irritating when we are trying to get out the door. You are very into by yourself these days. You don't want help with anything, and some times that means you'll dump your drink, or spill your food, and I've learned to say, that's fine, and carry an extra change of clothes everywhere.
you are over your absolute hatred of changing clothes and diapers and will now allow me to change you provided you have some suitable distraction.
The thing you're really into these days is "what eats what". You'll go through an exhaustive list of animals, living and extinct, (brachiosaurus anyone?) and ask what they eat. You are a foodie after all!
This coming year will bring lots of changes for you I'm sure, potty training, a new sitter and/or daycare, and mama going back to work, and a little sister who will want to take your toys!
I don't want you to grow up and change too quickly, but seeing you change over the last two years makes me wonder what you'll be like in 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. years. I know it will go by all too quickly, so I'm just enjoying the moment right now.

But enough of the mushy stuff, here's what you want, PINATA CARNAGE!!






CANDY!



Post-party crash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home