Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quick update

While dinner is on the stove and Chris is with Amalia and Domi is entertaining himself, I have 30 seconds to blog.
We had Amalia's 2 month appointment today and it apparently is not a fluke. My genes plus Chris's genes make ENORMOUS children. Amalia is 13 pounds 8 ounces (between 90-95%) and is 25 and 1/4 inches long (above 95%) and her head is 15 and 5/8 (between 50-75%). (Edited to add: Chris found Domi's 2 month sheet, and just to compare, he was 14lbs 2 ounces(90%), 25 and 1/4 inches(95%), and his head was 15 and 7/8(25-50%) boys are just bigger than girls percent-wise I guess.)
We also got a script for some anti-reflux medicine. I convinced the doctor that something was going on, and she said my story sounded good.
I'm still not eating dairy, but I have a feeling that I was barking up the wrong cow. She's still fussy, less than before, but not by much. I'm not quite ready to do a complete elimination diet yet, so we'll see if the Zantac works.
In addition to Amalia's doctor appointment I got out of the house again today and went for a run! New shoes means no excuses, and I'm really going to try and make it out 4x per week. It is MUCH harder to go running outside than on a treadmill.
This weekend is Labor day already, I can't believe it. We are off to Michigan and I can't wait. Tio Gustavo is also coming to town. I can't believe we haven't seen him since Christmas! (He informed me today, we saw him in February, where was I?) So there will also be no excuses to not get some new pictures up here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow AND this weekend at the cottage!! Unfortunately, I have to work Sat, but I'm coming up Sat. night after work and staying until Monday eve. James is going to ride up with the Trefs on Fri...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yet again, everybody else's giant babies are making our (just about average, we think) child look like a shrimp! Polly was 13 lbs. 4 oz at her last checkup at a little over 4 months. Surely she's gained a little weight since then, but Amalia's clearly right on her heels, alongside Polly's cousin Mariano (8 weeks younger) and her friend Sam (3 months younger). Not that it matters, but it would be nice if someone we know could have a baby that doesn't immediately outgrow our nearly-6-month-old!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home