Monday, August 11, 2008

Smile!



We had a great weekend that started out on Friday with baby's first smile! I didn't get a picture of one yet, but I'm sure I will at some point. (The one above is more of a grimace as she was stretching out on her play-gym) Amalia has been doing lots of sleep smiles and smiles as she's nursing and other non-social smiling, so we knew the real thing was around the corner. On Friday she smiled at me twice when we were playing while Domi was napping, in what's known as girl-time. Hopefully girl time will morph more reliably into everybody nap-time because I honestly could use the break!
It was a beautiful weekend up at the lake. Domingo could not get enough of the water, and the waves were surf-worthy. Papa was begging for a break, but Domi just wanted mas y mas.


We hung out with our friends Henry and Sarah and their super cute baby Polly.

And our other friends Russel and Courtney and their two super cute babies, Charlotte and Madeline. Domingo got in some good practice on sharing, but often ended up like this:



But there were some good times too:



Charlotte is only a week younger than Domingo, she was born on Domi's due date! It was so nice to have him play with someone his own age. Overall they both did really great. Charlotte is a bit better at sharing than Domi, but maybe she gets a little more practice since her baby sister is a few months older than Amalia.

Speaking of those two babies, it's incredible the difference a few short months can make. Amalia is still a floppy fairly expressionless ball of chub that still sleeps most of the day and night, these guys were smiley cooing head holding up little ladies who were awake as much as they slept (except at night I'm assuming). It's insane how quickly they change. It also really does confirm my belief in the whole "4th trimester" theory. I don't buy a lot of what is said about babies, for example my son continues to sleep in our bed as does our daughter and we are all still here, as sane as we ever were, which I agree, may not be saying much but that is another subject. But the whole, babies are born 3 months too soon really rings true to me. Those 3 and 4 month old babies just look like a totally different species than my little 7 weeker. I know it's coming, and very soon, but I just can't get over the huge difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Yes, but Amalia's a very cute ball of chub, and I know you know to enjoy her while she's tiny, she'll never be that way again. But it's true, they are more fun once they develop a bit more into tiny humans.
Thanks again for the fabulous weekend with your gorgeous children at your gorgeous home away from home.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home