Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They might be giants

We had our 1 month check up yesterday, and I am officially raising an army of giants. Heaven knows it didn't come from me. I'm not even sure I'm related to these monster children.


En Guarde! Perfect tonic reflex!

Amalia is just an ounce shy of 11 pounds at 5 weeks, she's only one pound 13 ounces away from doubling her birth weight! At the rate she's going that should be by nightfall. I think that's crazy. She's 90% for weight for those who are interested.
She's also quite leggy. She is beyond the 95% for length at 23 and 5/8 inches(using their very precise measuring tools). And just like her brother, she's at 50% for head circumference. Giant babies with little heads.


See how he dwarfs the mighty dinos.

Speaking of the other big baby, we continue to have myriad clothing related meltdowns over here. Please tell me the "need to be naked at all times" phase ends soon, like before he starts school. In other Domi related happenings, we've completely caved on the no t.v. before two rule. It's no longer even mildly a rule. Judge me all you want. BUT, in my defense, the t.v. that we let him watch is in Spanish, so it's reinforcing his language! THAT's why we let him watch t.v.! That and I love the "Bob Constructor" theme song, I could listen to that all day. But a max of 2 shows is what we try to stick with. It gives me a chance to put Amalia to sleep, or make lunch or dinner, depending on when I need it most. It is definitely a weapon of last resort, but we do use it and often. No wonder I have "Si Podemos!" in my head all day. At least it's a good message!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amalia! You won't be able to squeeze into the lovely sweater I am (almost, i swear!) finished knitting for you!!! Slow down!
love, Tia J.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home