Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't cry over no milk

Despite my wishful thinking, and 5 and a half weeks of super calm fussless baby, Amalia is showing more and more Domi-like behavior especially in the evenings. Our weekend with our friends got me thinking, maybe it isn't just the regular run of the mill colic/6 week fussiness. With Domingo, he started getting fussy around 5 weeks, and it kept up until about 5 months. This is the classic colic time frame, so I just thought it was a case of plain old colic. I also assumed that it was kind of an unlucky fluke and our next child would not have this same problem.
But here we are spending more and more time in a darkened bathroom with the water running bouncing and jiggling to get our unhappy child to stop crying. With Domingo, we didn't really have any basis for comparison, everything we read said that it would go away, and eventually it did. I also didn't mind spending countless hours in our bathroom wondering how many fields could've been watered, or toilet's flushed with all the water that was running down the drain so that Domingo wouldn't cry. Now I don't really have that "luxury" since Domingo isn't so keen on hanging out in there, and really gives me grief about wasting water.
So after this weekend when we spent time with our friends Russel and Courtney and their daughters both had very similar behavior to Domi (and unfortunately now Amalia). She cut out dairy and soy and she said that it was like night and day.
So maybe my yogurt pretzel and ice-cream only diet is to blame? What are the odds that I would have two very fussy children? Maybe it IS me?
Who knows if it will work for us, but I'm willing to try it, the only I have to lose is a few hours of bouncing and a lower water bill.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMW said...

Poor Amalia! And more importantly, poor Mommy! I support trying whatever feels like it might work. It's temporary, just keep on telling yourself that.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home