Friday, January 25, 2008

Sick v. 2.0

Sorry to have been so inco-blog-icado lately, but we are struggling with round two of this hideous ear infection. Just when we thought we were out, they drag us back in! Today marks the third trip to the doctors office in as many weeks, and Domingo was none too pleased. And it looks like we have to go back tomorrow for more. YUCK.
The ear infection I guess never truly went away and then when he got dosed with Graciela's killer cold this weekend it came back in full force. He's had really high fevers the last few nights and when I took him in today, the doctor checked his ears and she actually gasped and said, "oh my God that looks awful." Not exactly what you want to hear after two weeks of dutifully giving oral antibiotics 2x per day to a reluctant and very head strong toddler. So the doctor ordered two GIANT antibiotic shots in his (less since this miserable cold) chubby little thighs and I had to hold his arms down while the nurses shot him up. I don't know who was more upset me or Domi, probably him. I held it together until I called Chris with the recap at which point I was crying much harder than Domi, who was serenely asleep by then.
After sleeping for most of the afternoon, Domingo is up and acting much better although his nose is running free and wild, as nature intended, and he has a really gross sounding cough. All kids get sick. Thank goodness it's nothing that serious.
I will also add that I apologize for continuing to be delinquent on the doctor well check post, and the long awaited Paraguay post. Did we even ever leave? I don't remember. Coming soon. Or so I keep telling you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home