Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thar she blows!

We had a crazy storm blow through town today! Such was the case that tia Leticia got stuck out in L.A., the office closed early, and there was a giant tree laying across Lake Shore Drive right where I have to get off to go home! Domi got to hang out with tia Heather because Chris and I went to see a lady about a house, (but more about that later) and she said that he was fine, but really interested in the lightning and thunder. She was also telling us about new little jokes that he's come up with just for her because she's his "GIRLFRIEND"! (Domingo adores tia Hez) I'm glad he wasn't scared of the storm, because I was probably freaked out enough for everyone involved. As we were a few blocks from our building, I said it looked like there were no lights on in the building. A few minutes before I had talked to my mom who said that she had been calling our place with no answer. Then I had a terrifying thought of having to climb up and down 17 stories to get to Domi and then get out of the building because of a tornado warning. But as we got closer I could see the lights were on, and my "on the verge of major panic attack, head between my knees" mode mellowed into a "oh my God, Heather hasn't eaten anything all night, and I'm starving and what can we possibly eat for dinner" train of thought. So, like from code orange to yellow on the status hispanicus meter.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lady?
What house?
-JN

4:06 PM  
Blogger KMW said...

yeah. what lady? What house?

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home