Monday, July 23, 2007

Play OTA!



This weekend we went to my parents' house, went swimming, hung out with the primas, went blueberry picking and then came back to Chicago in time to watch the Cubs loose to Arizona. Don't you just love summer!
This was Domi's second outing to the friendly confines, and he was not too pleased with his reception. Domingo actually did fine. He flirted with everyone we were sitting next to, had a few bites of my hot dog bun (not the hot dog!) freaked out for some unknown reason and promptly fell asleep in the bjorn as I was jiggling him up and down the upper deck.

The blueberry picking did not go quite as well. We got to the farm just in time for Domingo's nap. He did not appreciate being jostled and pushed in between rows of blueberry bushes when he was so close to falling asleep. He was once again in the bjorn, where he doesn't mind falling asleep, so long as everytime he does, his evil mother doesn't ram him into a prickly bush just so she can get more delicious berries. I should have left him at home, but Chris wanted to come too, and I just remembered the blueberry picking of yor, where you didn't have to climb inside the bush to get the berries, so I thought it'd be no problem. The twins did great, not much help in picking berries, but they had fun and were quite excited to eat the berries. They've been watching too much Dora the Explorer though, because they were swiping Chris's berries for themselves. (The fact that I made a Swiper reference and my own child does not watch television disturbs me).
Then back to tia Leticia's for blueberry muffins and sandwiches. What a great day. And a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home