Thursday, July 19, 2007

NEW COMPUTER LOVE!!! and oh yeah, news of Domi...

So we have this awesome new computer and I'm in lurve with it. I have yet to put any pictures into the computer, and actually have to figure out how that is done on this new fangled computing machine, so that might take a while. (Also I have to figure out how to get the pop ups to work, so I can use the spell check!) But fear not, there will be pictures coming soon.
There is however the little matter of the boy...
There is some controversy over here in Domi's world as to certain events that have taken place in recent days. And whether the posting of said events is inter-web appropriate, and/or whether such events really merit posting. I'll let the world wide web be the judge and post away (my usual default position Exhibit A- poopy butt pictures).
Item one: Domingo discovers his penis. I'm not sure if this is an official milestone, and if so, when such a discovery is appropriate, but it's true. The other day in the tub he looked down and was like "hey, what's going on with this?" and started poking and prodding at his business. Then he looked up at me and smiled and laughed. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically too. I mean it's true, penises are just funny! Today in the tub he did the same thing, but for a much shorter time, just a "hello, how's business?" and then he let out another guffaw and went back to playing with his foam letters.

Item number two is of a slightly more dubious nature. Chris is convinced a major milestone has taken place, I'm not so sure. Domingo has taken to saying "ota" when pointing to or playing with balls. (the Spanish word for ball is pelota) I was skeptical at first, but then heard it with my own ears, he grabbed a little snoopy soccer ball, held it out to me, and clearly said "ota". Does that count as a word? He's picked up a few signs, and gets really excited when he uses one and I say the word out loud. (duck, dog, more, light, oh does he ever LOVE lights) Recently I was showing him the sign for ball, and saying ball and throwing balls, etc. etc. He wasn't getting the sign, or at least not using it, but then today, he was just saying ota when he would pick up his ball. Then when we repeated "pelota" he had that same excited reaction like "Yes! Thank God you people aren't idiots, and you can understand what I'm trying to communicate. FINALLY!".
I don't know if it counts, if he will reproduce it, or if his first "word" will be long forgotten until much later, kind of like the false alarm with the rolling over that happened so many times for one day, not to return until months later. But, I figured, it did happen, it felt like he was communicating "ball" so it's worth posting.
Domingo is such a character. As I sit here going over this an older posts, it dawns on me what an amazing creature he is, both alien and yet familiar. What a terrific adventure we are all in for with this little fellow. Often when I'm just in the middle of our daily routine (I don't want to say grind, but sometimes that's what it can seems like) I don't fully appreciate what my life has become, and what I've got here. Other times it hits me like a ton of bricks that "I have a baby, and oh my God!" It's wonderful, scary, tiring, fun, and tiring. (Did I mention I'm tired?) But oh so worth it. I just can't wait to see what he's got planned for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

He's obviously a GENIUS!!! When can we start teaching him Japanese?
tia hez

8:29 AM  
Blogger La. Sra. said...

I'd call that the first word for sure! Congrats on the milestone!

It also sounds like Domi is all boy, too. Good luck momma.

Isn't it amazing what we considered the 'grind' now compared to before kids!

Greetings from Miami :)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home