Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's only natural


Well, it's time for the obligatory "nursing post". I figured with all the brew ha ha with Delta airlines kicking a nursing mom off the plane, it was appropriate.
This weekend we saw lots of family, some of whom had never met Domi before, others who hadn't seen him in a while. Regardless, the universal remark upon seeing him was "He's enormous!! WHAT are you feeding him?" You'd think I was plying him with beefcake 4000! Well, he's a 100% breastfed super baby. Leticia said it's time to use the growth hormone-free breast milk, but we keep our cows and our moms BGH free. I just feed the beast when he's hungry, I can't help it if that's every 10 minutes!
Not literally, but it does seem like he's hungry a lot of the time. For awhile I was worried that it wasn't hunger, but boredom, or tiredness, so I often try to distract him with a game, or a song, or a walk. Or I try to put him down for a nap if he's fussy. But when he's hungry there is no distracting him, and forget about a nap. It's so true that hunger cries sound different that other kinds of cries, and when he's hungry people within a 10 block radius know it. Also when he's fussy but isn't hungry he gets really mad when I try to nurse him. So there's nothing to be done but feed him when he's hungry!
It's possible that it's a result of his very fussy period where nothing would soothe him except a little nursing. Maybe he just got used to eating more and often, so now he's hungrier than other babies. Either that or I should market myself to GNC for those who wish to bulk up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home