Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Si se puede!!

I am still in a dazed fog from last night's amazing events. We were on pins and needles until Ohio and Iowa were called and then finally they called California and it was officially over. Domingo was begging to go to sleep, (not without me of course) so we put him to bed and I snuck back out to watch the speeches. I was so moved and impressed by McCain's speech and wonder what would have happened if the whole campaign would have been run with the same tone.
Then I sat in the dark on my sofa watching and listening as history was being made. Obama's speech was somber and serious, but at the same time filled me with hope and amazement at what we as a people can accomplish when we organize for change. His story of the 106 year old woman voting on a computer in Atlanta was so incredible. What must she think of all she has seen? As the tears came I too wondered if my children live to be that old, what changes and wonders will they see. We woke up this morning to a new day and the sun is shining and we are filled with hope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said...congratulations to all of us including john mccain who noted the historic nature of it all. xo sally

8:03 AM  
Blogger KMW said...

us, too! We felt the same way.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being in Grant Park last night with Max and the kids was truly one of the highlights of my life. I feel sorry for anyone who isn't filled with hope and admiration for humanity right now.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home